We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to complete our team. Prospective candidates must work well both independently and under supervision, and have a strong and customer oriented work ethic.
The Maintenance Technician will perform all routine and preventative maintenance in order to maintain the physical integrity of the property as well as preparing individual units for occupancy and making necessary repairs to occupied units. Rotational on-call duties are a requirement for the position.
- Effectively handle service requests, correcting the situation within 24 hours when possible.
- Ensure all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule.
- Organize maintenance shop, keeping inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Maintain awareness of the physical condition of the property and immediately correct unsafe conditions.
- Maintain accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures, apartment make-ready status and work in progress etc.
- Must be knowledgeable of inventory levels of spare parts and supplies and inform supervisor of shortages.
- Participate in the on-call rotation to ensure 24 hour emergency maintenance service and response.
- Support the office in resident retention and the renewal process through service requests and follow up on customer satisfaction as required.
- Maintain the curb appeal of the community by; picking up the grounds, removing snow and debris, working on the landscaping and common area needs.
- Minimum 3-5 yrs Previous experience in plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry and locks. Residential property management experience preferred.
- Minimum 3yrs hands on HVAC experience
- Valid, clean driver’s license and proof of insurance required for on-call duty
- HVAC Certification is strongly desired other related certifications including Boiler Certifications are strongly desired
- Customer service skills and the ability to develop a rapport with the residents and community staff.
- Ability to complete tasks on a timely basis.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Must be available on an as-need basis for after hours and on-call emergency services.
- Must live within close proximity to the chosen property in order to provide rotational on-call services.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have own basic tools / others will be provide.
Beacon Property Management is an EOE m/f/d/v.