Beacon Property Management is hiring an Assistant Maintenance Supervisor for our Charter Square Apartments in Troy, MI!
The Assistant Supervisor will supervise in the absence of our Service Manager and will perform all routine and preventative maintenance in order to maintain the physical integrity of the property.
- Effectively handle service requests, correcting the situation within 24 hours when possible. Ensure all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule.
- Organize maintenance shop, keeping inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Maintain awareness of the physical condition of the property and immediately correct unsafe conditions.
- Maintain accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures, apartment make-ready status and work in progress etc.
- Must be knowledgeable of inventory levels of spare parts and supplies and inform supervisor of shortages.
- Participate in the on-call rotation to ensure 24 hour emergency maintenance service and response.
- Support the office in resident retention and the renewal process through service requests and follow up on customer satisfaction as required.
- Maintain the curb appeal of the community by; picking up the grounds, removing snow and debris, working on the landscaping and common area needs.
- Moving dumpsters as needed and upkeep of dumpster area
- Previous experience in plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry and locks. Residential property management experience preferred.
- Current, Valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance – driving record must meet eligibility requirements
- Customer service skills and the ability to develop a rapport with the residents and community staff.
- Ability to complete tasks on a timely basis.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Must be available on an as-need basis for after hours and on-call emergency services.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Any employee using their personal vehicle or company vehicle (including golf carts) must have a valid drivers’ license and insurance which can be verified at anytime during their employment by any company supervisor.
- To be eligible for employment employee must complete and pass a background check and drug screening.
Beacon is an E/O/E