Beacon Property Management, one of the foremost players in the multi-family residential housing sector has a Seasonal Groundskeeperopportunity available at one of our residential apartment communities; Charter Square Apartments in Troy, MI.
The Groundskeeper will be responsible for maintaining the upkeep and cleanliness of the property to maintain the best curb appeal.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Maintain community grounds and landscaping
- Handle snow and debris removal
- Support maintenance as needed with special projects
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of all common areas and amenities as needed.
- Previous experience in landscaping.
- Customer service skills and the ability to develop a rapport with the residents and staff.
- Ability to complete tasks and follow directions.
- Attention to detail.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to be on feet.
- Have constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to perform the following physical activities:
- Bend/Stoop/Squat: Perform routine maintenance/repairs, pick up tools and needed equipment.
- Climb Stairs: Service requests, make-ready needs for 2nd and 3rd floor apartments.
- Push or Pull: Move/Operate equipment, appliances, open and close doors, etc.
- Climb Ladders: Perform routine maintenance/repairs
- Grasp/Grip/Turning: Handle tools & equipment, perform routine maintenance/repairs.
- Reach above Shoulder: Perform routine maintenance/repairs, stock & remove equipment, parts, etc.
- Finger Dexterity: Handle tools and equipment, perform routine maintenance/repairs.
- Writing: Inventory maintenance, requisitions requests, required maintenance reports.
- Lifting/Carrying (supplies, replacement parts, ladders, etc):
- Over 150 lbs: Rare Need (less than 1% of the time
- 75 lbs – 150 lbs: Occasional need (1% to 33% of the time)
- 25 lbs – 75 lbs: Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time)
- 1 lb -25 lbs: Constant need (66%- 100% of the time)
- NOTE: Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 50lbs is to be accomplished with assistance from one or more persons. Examples of heaviest items lifted include washer/dryers, refrigerators, A/C units, abandoned sofas, etc. Proper back supports and lifting techniques should be used when doing any lifting regardless of the weight.
- Any employee using their personal vehicle or company vehicle (including golf carts) must have a valid drivers’ license and insurance which can be verified at anytime during their employment by any company supervisor.
- To be eligible for employment, employee must complete and pass a background check and drug screening.
Beacon Property Management is an EOE m/f/d/v.