Beacon Property Management, one of the foremost players in the multi-family residential housing sector has Seasonal Maintenance Technician opportunities available at one of our residential apartment communities; Spice Tree Apartments in Ann Arbor, MI.
The Maintenance Technician will perform all routine and preventative maintenance in order to maintain the physical integrity of the property.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Maintenance/Customer Service
- Effectively handle service requests, correcting the situation within 24 hours when possible. Ensure all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule.
- Organize maintenance shop, keeping inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Maintain awareness of the physical condition of the property and immediately correct unsafe conditions.
- Maintain accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures, apartment make-ready status and work in progress etc.
- Must be knowledgeable of inventory levels of spare parts and supplies and inform supervisor of shortages.
- Participate in the on-call rotation to ensure 24 hour emergency maintenance service and response.
- Previous experience in plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry and locks. Residential property management experience preferred.
- Current, Valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance – driving record must meet eligibility requirements
- Customer service skills and the ability to develop a rapport with the residents and community staff.
- Ability to complete tasks on a timely basis.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Must be available on an as-need basis for after hours and on-call emergency services.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to be on feet.
- Have constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to perform the following physical activities:
Bend/Stoop/Squat: Perform routine maintenance/repairs, pick up tools and needed equipment.
Climb Stairs: Service requests, make-ready needs for 2nd and 3rd floor apartments.
Push or Pull: Move/Operate equipment, appliances, open and close doors, etc.
Climb Ladders: Perform routine maintenance/repairs
Grasp/Grip/Turning: Handle tools & equipment, perform routine maintenance/repairs.
Reach above Shoulder: Perform routine maintenance/repairs, stock & remove equipment, parts, etc.
Finger Dexterity: Handle tools and equipment, perform routine maintenance/repairs.
Writing: Inventory maintenance, requisitions requests, required
Beacon Property Management is an EOE m/f/d/v.