The Maintenance Supervisor oversees and performs all routine and preventive maintenance in order to maintain the physical integrity of the community. Supervise and train maintenance personnel, handle budget planning and monitor, in partnership with the community manager, effective cost control procedures to insure budget compliance in the maintenance department.
- Assist in developing, planning and implementing the budget to include charting the overall financial performance of the maintenance department.
- Handle record keeping and reporting responsibilities on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Maintain accurate records of expenses, inventory and supply management.
- Maintain adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to handle most common repairs and situations. Report all major repairs and requisitions to manager prior to any expenditure of funds.
- Oversee customer service and resident relations. Institute and manage systems for effectively handling service requests.
- Perform, delegate, oversee and inspect all maintenance tasks.
- Ensure that all make ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule. Correct situations within 24 hours when possible.
- Develop specifications for grounds maintenance, snow plowing and cleaning completed by staff and/or outside contractors.
- Organize maintenance shop, keeping inventory of equipment, tools and supplies.
- Conduct regularly scheduled safety meetings with staff. Maintain safety standards. Maintain awareness of the physical condition of the property and immediately correct unsafe conditions.
- Maintain accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures, apartment make-ready status and work in progress etc.
- Hire, train, motivate, coach, develop, supervise, discipline and recommend termination of staff in order to achieve the operational goals of the property.
- Oversee and participate in the on-call rotation to ensure 24 hour emergency maintenance service and response.
- Research, recommend and hire maintenance contractors and vendors, as necessary, and oversee their work.
- Ensure contracts, scope of work and insurance requirements are satisfied before allowing any work to begin. Oversee the project and release of payment upon completion.
- Previous management experience that includes plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, locksmithing and staff supervision. Residential property management experience preferred.
- Current, Valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance – driving record must meet eligibility requirements.
- Customer service skills and the ability to develop a rapport with the residents and community staff.
- Analytical ability, problem solving and organization skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines and must be available on an as-needed basis for after hours and on-call emergency services.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products.
Beacon Property Management is EOE m/f/d/v.